18 and older
Catch weaver fever! Learn tapestry weaving as you design and make your own woven wall hangings in this fun and relaxing three-hour workshop. Total beginners welcome!
In this class you'll learn:
- How to make a simple DIY loom from chipboard
- How to set up the warp thread on your loom
- How to do weaving stitches including plain weave, soumak, and rya knots
- How to add fringe and tassels
- How to incorporate a variety of fiber weights and textures
- How to plan and execute your own design
You'll leave with a small weaving (approximately 7" wide) and the know-how to create more woven pieces on your own!
Registration includes the materials necessary to make a small wall hanging, including a DIY chipboard loom, warp thread, yarn, and a wooden dowel for hanging.Note:
If you would like to bring a little of your own yarn, especially if you have colors you know you want to use in your weaving, go for it! Worsted and bulky yarns work best for this project. We will provide enough yarn for everyone, but if you have anything special you want to incorporate, feel free to bring it along!