18 and older
The Core Mat I program is the foundation of the Power Pilates method. Each subsequent program builds upon the information learned during this course. During this weekend you will learn to teach the 18 beginner level mat exercises and be introduced to Power Pilates teaching tools, philosophy, and teaching formula.
Every student new to Power Pilates must start with Core Mat I. Core Mat I & II are required to progress to the Comprehensive program.Requirements
Upon Successful Course Completion
- Upon course registration you will receive a free Classical Mat workout video. Practice this video at least 10 times. This video will help you experience and memorize the exercise names and Classical order of exercises before the start of the course.
- Practice teaching during the Core Mat I intensive with fellow students
- Pass both the take-home written exam and the practical evaluation given at the end of the program weekend
- You will receive an assessment-based certificate that recognizes your successful completion of all the prescribed education material.
- You will be internationally recognized as a Beginner Mat Pilates Teacher
- You will have taken the first step in becoming a Comprehensively certified Pilates Instructor
The following reading material, though not required, will provide you with the knowledge of anatomical terms that will be helpful when teaching your clients after program completion.
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain - chapters 1-3 & 6
This course focuses on teaching you how to teach the beginner exercises. Our Master Teachers will assume that you already know the exercises.