18 and older
The 4 hour Flagger course covers safe flagging techniques as per New York City Department of Transportation and National Safety Council regulations. The topics discussed in this course include construction site safety, roadway safety, and the proper use of flagmen through an understanding of flagging procedures and proper use of required equipment. This certification is good for 4 years.Audience
: This course is designed for anyone in involved in the daily construction operations potentially where workers and general public may be exposed to hazards created by vehicles and/or equipment.Prerequisites
- Student must be able to communicate with the instructor in the language the course is held in.
- Must have at least 1 year of construction related experience.
: Pens, instruction booklets, test, videos, PowerPoint presentations, instructor evaluation sheet, attendance sign-in sheets.Course fee includes
: administrative fees, course materials, and certificates. Available for purchase
: extra booklets, certificate replacements, and mailing out certificates.Methods of Instruction
: A combination of lectures, PowerPoint presentations, open discussions, hands-on activities, and testing will be used throughout this course.Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students shall be able to:
- Understand the necessity for the use of traffic controls and when to utilize them.
- Have the ability to safely flag pedestrians and construction vehicles on and off active construction sites.
- Understand the responsibilities to safely conduct and provide traffic control to regulate traffic and pedestrian traffic in and around construction sites.
- Understand and be able to utilize safety equipment and systems to insure safety when using traffic controls.
: Please bring a photo ID, as they will be checked on the start date. Students are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes before class.
In order to successfully fulfill the requirements for completion of the 4 Hour Flagger course and to receive a certificate/card for the course, students must:
No exceptions will be made. No partial credit awarded for any course.Note:
- Be able to clearly communicate with the instructor and complete all paperwork in the language the course is delivered. No personal interpreters permitted.
- Complete all required paperwork: registration, evaluation, attendance, etc.
- Attend all required hours of the course. Any make up sessions must be completed within six months from the course start date.
- Participate during class activities and reviews.
- Complete tests with a passing grade of 70%.
- Please bring a photo ID, as they will be checked on the start date.
- Students are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes before class.
- Customer can bring lunch, we provide coffee and tea in the classrooms.