18 and older
Do you need an Illustrator refresher, need to brush up on your Illustrator skills, learn timesaving tips or just learn more about using the program for fashion design?
Then, this class is for YOU!
Take your Illustrator skills to the next level with our Level 2 class which builds on the skills learned in Level 1. You'll also learn timesaving tips and shortcuts, ways to work more efficiently, what's new in the latest versions of Illustrator, and more!
This class is very hands on, and we encourage you to bring some of your own sketches and projects to work with.
Plus, you'll receive a manual, downloadable sketch libraries and exercises, and lots of attention!Class will cover all of the following topics:
Students receive all of the following:
- what's new & relevant for fashion design in the newest Illustrator
- practical Illustrator shortcuts
- alternative (and more efficient) sketching methods
- creating brushes and more
- a manual with tutorials and notes from the class
- a graphic resource CD (download) with trim, croquis & brush libraries
- New Tools
- Updated/New Functions
Brushes & Width Profiles
- Brushes Overview
- Creating and coloring a pattern brush
- Using Width Profiles
- Using Bristle Brushes
Prints and Patterns
- Creating Print Repeats with the Pattern Tool
- Using the Color Guide and saving custom colors
- Using the Adobe Color
- Creating Colorways Using Recolor Artwork
Creating and Adding Trims
- Creating and saving trims as Dynamic Symbols
- Aligning & distributing trims
- Using the Blend Tool
Stylizing your Flat Sketch or Illustration
- Creating a gradient
- Using gradient mesh
- Using transparency & blending modes to add shadows & depth
Using the Effects Panel
- Top Useful Effects for Fashion
Best Shortcuts for the Fashion Designer
Wrapup and Q&A Note: Location is in Midtown Manhattan. Final location noted on registration confirmation.