18 and older
It doesn’t matter if you’re totally new to UX, or have some experience that you want to build on - if you like learning-by-doing, you’re going to love this workshop!
We’ll start the day by introducing a design project that looks and feels JUST like a real-world challenge you’d see as a professional UX designer.
For this workshop, we’ll work on designing a feature for PostUp, an app that helps freelancers and remote workers find great coffee shops to work from.
After going through the brief, we’ll tackle the challenge step-by-step - learning new skills along the way, and putting them into practice immediately. As you develop your projects throughout the day, you’ll also be documenting your work in the form of a beautiful online case study that you can use to show off your new skills.Who this workshop is for:
- UX beginners who want to learn how to design a product by actually doing it!
- Designers-in-Training who want to practice their skills on a real project.
- Anyone who wants to start or continue building their UX portfolio
- Learn how to use research and feedback to guide your designs
- Watch and analyze a usability test
- Conduct a Competitive analysis to learn from other apps & websites
- Learn how to sketch awesome user interfaces.
- Create an interactive prototype of your app.
- Create a beautiful online case study to show off your project.
- Learn to present your work and process to others.
- This workshop is beginner friendly, so you don’t need to have any prior design experience.
- You will need to bring a laptop.
- All software used during this workshop can be accessed for free, and can be downloaded during the workshop.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.