18 and older
Interested in transitioning into a career in web development, software engineering and web design?
Thinking about enrolling in our Immersive Bootcamp?
Want to start you own business and build a dynamic site to showcase your brand?
Stop wasting another minute on lengthy online video training and get hands-on, 1:1 veteran instructor led training with this 2-day prep.
Schedule and Course Outline:DAY 1 - Developer Fundamentals
You will be introduced to a broad overview of programming and get exposure to a typical coding workflow through the lens of front-end development using HTML and CSS. You will turn a provided design into a deployable site coded with current best practices. Speak in Tech:
- What is programming?
- What can you build with various languages?
- What is web development?
- The difference between a web site and web app
- Stages of web development.
- The difference between front-end and back-end web development.
- What are common programming concepts?
- Setting up a development environment on your computer.
- Use the basic content tags (headings, images, links, paragraphs).
- Create different sections in your website (layout).
- Basic styling properties and how to connect with HTML.
- Selectors and how to style different sections of a site.
You will deploy a site you've created to Github Pages and will learn how software development teams collaborate using git workflow and tools like GitHub.
- Programmatic thinking
- Data types
You will also learn: Git workflow, Github, and publishing a site using Github pages.
This course is available for "remote" learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a "Live" instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.