18 and older
The Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam is an intense and comprehensive exam that tests all aspects of project management.The exam addresses the entireGuide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) sixth editionestablished by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the Agile Practice Guide.
All our project management instructors hold PMP certifications and have at least 30 years of experience in the field of project management.Upon completion of our training program, all students will have earned the necessary 35 contact hours to sit for the exam. Students are encouraged to study from 40 to 80 additional hours to prepare for this exam.Learning Outcomes
- Recognize how enterprise environmental factors and organizational process assets affect how projects can be managed.
- Explain the five stages of a project life cycle and illustrate how these stages can overlap in time.
- Demonstrate how to create a project management plan with subsidiary plans for each of the knowledge areas and explain how progressive elaboration and integrated change management can keep these documents effective and relevant.
- Explain the overlapping nature of project activities and practice Project Integration Management to coordinate the various project management processes.
- Illustrate how a project's various baselines (including scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, procurement, and others) are determined, planned for, and managed.
- Recognize how to effectively manage resources and communicate with all stakeholders.
- Explain the key methods used to estimate project schedule and cost at the beginning of a project and to forecast cost and schedule variances at any time during the project.
- Identify key project stakeholders and continuously engage them in appropriate project activities.
- Describe how the project management knowledge contained in the PMBOK® Guidecan be used in practice.
- We give each student 60-day access to a pre-class preparation module: PMP 1 – Introduction to Project Management. This 3-hour online course is designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), sixth edition. This online course must be taken before starting the 4-day bootcamp and is included in the price of the class.
- We use a facilitative format in that we engage with our students and challenge them via value added debate and discussion.
- We have the class perform end of chapter/knowledge area tests and exercises to reinforce their understanding and exercise the concepts.
- We address and discuss terms and definitions.Our PME Quick Reference Guide has a list of over 200 terms and definitions assembled into an easy to read and carry guide.
- We review all the inputs, tools and technique, and outputs for each process.
- We present memorization techniques and provide a “brain dump” of the primary concepts and formulas that must be memorized.
- We track chapter test scores to help the student identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- Upon completion of the bootcamp, we give each student 60-day access to an end of class test preparation module: PMP 13: Practice Exams and Exam Strategies. This optional online training module contains test taking tips and over 400 test questions.The cost of this module is included in the cost of the class.
- We recommend that each student aim to score 85-88% on every test they take beforesitting for the actual exam.
- We are always available before, during, and after the class to address questions and clarify concepts.
DAY 0: Pre-Class Preparation (2 weeks Before Starting Bootcamp): PMP 1: Introduction to Project Management: 90 Day Access to our 3-hour online course.DAY 1:
- Introduction and Overview
- The Environment in which Projects Operate
- The Role of the Project Manager
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
POST DAY 4
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Professional and Social Responsibility
- PMP 13: Practice Exams and Exam Strategies and Webinar