21 and older
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
* Official support for the "latest" version of a newly released browser, among those noted above, will be added within 8 weeks of public release. Until then, the previous version will continue to be supported instead.
- Windows 7+ (Microsoft Edge, Latest Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.9+ (*Latest Firefox, Safari, or Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- Android 4.x (Chrome Browser Only)
- Apple iOs (*Latest version, Safari Browser Only)
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
AMA's Live Online Seminars are live, interactive, instructor-led courses that are completely user-friendly and accessible from your office or home PC. They’re the perfect time-saving alternative when you want training but can’t get away from the office.
You'll be able to speak to and/or electronically communicate with the instructor's and other attendees. You can also share files, view the instructors desktop, ask questions, tell the instructor to speak louder, softer, slow down, etc. (through simple icons). You'll see what your instructor is writing, view and hear questions and comments from other attendees, and be able to work in subgroups. A headset is required for optimal communication throughout the Live Online Seminar.
A member of AMA's expert faculty of business professionals will lead your seminar. Beyond our course leaders’ experience in business training, they are specially trained to present AMA's high-quality content in an engaging, live online format.
We want you to feel completely comfortable and ready to go, so we’ll email you before your scheduled seminar and give you all the information you need about the simple set-up process.
Take back your time with and become a more productive you.
The truth is that your work will continue to pile up if all you do is check tasks off of your to-do list.
Improve your productivity and efficiency by taking control of the pile of work that is driving you crazy.
Develop you need a goal-driven plan and a step-by step method of helping you meet your deadlines. This instructor-led, online workshop shows you how to examine what needs to be done and determine the best approaches to complete your work in the time you are given make your days more productive.
You’ll discover how to protect your work day from interruptions politely yet effectively that derail your ability to get things done. Whether it’s your boss or “Chatty Cathy” co-worker, you’ll hear what to say and how to respond to disrupters to send them away without hurt feelings.
Plus you’ll get advice on keeping your boss mindful of your goals, which helps you turn away less important requests asked of you during a typical work week.How You Will Benefit
- Learn what questions to ask yourself at the start of each work day to keep you focused and on track
- Discover guidelines for breaking your work down into more easily managed tasks and activities
- How to use the SMART goal process to decide where you should focus your efforts to meet your objectives
- The most practical ways to employ the 80-20 rule to identify which tasks will give you the most payoff in the shortest amount of time
- How to identify “red flag” time wasters and productivity tips for handling them effectively
- Tools and tactics for managing the interruptions that kill your work efficiency and specific ways to “train” your boss and co-workers to leave you alone when you need to get key tasks completed
- Advice on overcoming your procrastination behaviors – ways to get unstuck when you can’t get anything done
- Four steps to tackle dreaded paperwork before it piles up on your desk
- Tips for minimizing time-wasting distractions
- No-nonsense strategies for taming your email inbox and using connectivity more effectively
Stop avoiding the tough stuff-- zero in on your biggest goa
ls, and get more done
. Our Secrets to Boosting Productivity shows you how to prioritize your workflow and take care of the crucial stuff—starting NOW.
This course is available for "remote" learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a "Live" instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.