18 and older
A great facilitator makes it easy for groups of people to collaborate, make decisions, and move projects forward. Facilitation blends the science of understanding how people think and behave with the art of leading conversations and assessing needs on the fly. The skills of facilitation can be applied to any type of group work including – but not limited to! – one-on-one conversations, round table discussions, design thinking brainstorms, debrief meetings, leading workshops, and energizing large groups of people.
After completing the day long Facilitation Bootcamp, you will get:
- A deeper understanding of how people think so you can design for productive group thinking environments
- Skills and techniques for how to effectively facilitate group problem solving and collaboration
- Experience with group dynamics and how to plan for different learning styles, manage difficult personalities, and engage all participants in conversation
At The Design Gym, we believe that practice is the best way to learn and build your confidence in group facilitation. Our interactive workshops are designed to see a variety of facilitation skills demonstrated and modeled before practicing and getting feedback. The trainers leading the workshops are seasoned facilitators who coach participants based on their real-world experience leading groups of all sizes.Please Note:
- Lunch, beverages and snacks are included.
- Digital copies of all workshop materials will be provided.